Our Meatloaf Recipe!
There’s really no way to make it look all that pretty, but meatloaf – it’s what for dinner. Wink, wink. Growing up (ahem, hello 80s and 90s), meatloaf was a dinnertime staple. But, honestly, I kinda forgot about it for a few years. Recently though, we’ve been reintroducing some classics and meatloaf has become a family favorite once again.
Early in our marriage, Ryan and I took turns making our mother’s different meatloaf recipes. It didn’t take us long to realize that we liked certain things about each of them … so we created a mashup of his mom’s recipe + my mom’s recipe. Now we have our own version and we’re pretty happy with it …
And, yes – it might be a tad controversial, but we DO use ketchup in and ON our meatloaf. So, in case you’re looking to try an old classic – here’s our take on a traditional meatloaf …
Introducing the Blair Mashup Meatloaf!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- A squirt or two of ketchup (this is a professional recipe, can’t you tell!)
- Finely chopped onion (I use half a white onion – just depends on how much onion your family likes)(chop according to preference as well)
- 1 chopped green pepper (I chopped this finely to so that my kiddos will eat it)
- ⅛ cup water
- 1-2 tsp garlic
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Chop onion and green pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix/mash it all up together
- Place in a greased loaf pan
- Pour ketchup on top to cover
- Bake for 1 hour
Serve with potatoes of any kind, salad, veggies and a bit of nostalgia! And, enjoy!